Associate Project Engineer
The very technologies that are creating a more sustainable future for us — electric vehicles, semiconductors, and solar panels — are built on a foundation of metals extracted from the earth at great financial and environmental cost. At ElectraMet®, our mission is to build a circular economy that reduces our dependence on extracting these metals from the ground. We do this by delivering a novel electrochemical technology that separates and recovers dissolved metals from process and wastewater streams.
We are looking for an engineer to join our team as an Associate Process Engineer. This role will be responsible for the frontline technical feasibility testing processes for new and existing customers. You will engage with new opportunities alongside our Sales team, assess the customer application requirements, and be responsible for portions of the technical process development. Applications include medium- and large-scale process separations and wastewater treatment plants at automotive, electronics, chemical, metal finishing manufacturers, mines, smelters, commercial, and municipal sites.
We offer healthcare, benefits, and competitive salary commensurate with experience. This position offers growth potential in a small but growing company with stock options and other benefits. This position is part of the Research and Development team but will work closely with Operations and Sales. Employment will be at our headquarters, located in Lexington, KY.
- Participate in new sales opportunities, taking the lead on process development o Work with other R&D and Project Engineering team members to configure a treatment process for the customer
- Perform feasibility separation testing of customer-supplied water samples o Provide written results for Sales and Operations teams.
- Work with Operations to troubleshoot and scale to full installations
- Develop new treatment processes
- Aid in development efforts of new treatment processes and designs
- SOP development for new systems and water types
- Vetting alternative material types for existing systems
- Work with the Operations team to ensure the best solution is selected
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science
- Laboratory or Process Engineering experience 2+ years
- Experience designing and running experiments independently
- Experience in electroplating, battery, or metal finishing (Preferred)
- Experience in water or wastewater treatment (Preferred)
- Capable of working in a hands-on, fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Excellent analytical, creative, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Or mail to:
749 W Short St
Lexington, KY 40508