Associate Project Engineer
The very technologies that are creating a more sustainable future for us — electric vehicles, semiconductors, and solar panels — are built on a foundation of metals extracted from the earth at great financial and environmental cost. At ElectraMet™, our mission is to build a circular economy that reduces our dependence on extracting these metals from the ground. We do this by delivering a novel electrochemical technology that separates and recovers dissolved metals from process and wastewater streams.
We are looking for an Associate Project Engineer with experience in water treatment systems to join our team at our Lexington, KY facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing, supporting, and troubleshooting water treatment systems installed at customer sites. Effective coordination and collaboration with other engineering/manufacturing departments is essential to meet system delivery deadlines and to continuously optimize system performance, so strong communication skills and attention to detail are required. Because ElectraMet systems are highly technical and cutting-edge, the successful candidate will be expected to wire electrical systems, pipe water systems, and design control parameters. ElectraMet is a growing company with customers in a variety of critical industries, which means that roles and responsibilities are constantly shifting to accommodate employees’ strengths and desires.
We offer healthcare, benefits, generous PTO, and competitive salary commensurate with experience. Growth potential in a small but growing company with stock options and other benefits.
- Installation and Commissioning of ElectraMet systems
- Coordinating with engineering and supply chain teams to formulate ensure systems are assembled and delivered in an appropriate timeline.
- Piping of water treatment systems in the shop and at customer sites.
- Wiring and troubleshooting 24 VDC and 120/240 VAC devices.
- Assembling various mechanical devices (pumps, valves, sensors, etc.) and incorporating them into a fully operational system.
- Implementing process controls based on customer requirements or desires.
- Performing sample analysis to validate system performance.
- Support of ElectraMet systems at customer sites
- Communication with customer leading up to, during, and following the installation of an ElectraMet system.
- Data analysis to diagnose system performance and prevent failures or downtime.
- Travel to customer sites for routine maintenance or upgrades.
- Optimization of ElectraMet system design and implementation
- Compiling, analyzing, and sharing data from customer sites with the ElectraMet team to improve system and process design.
- Internal testing of systems for mechanical, electrical, and process control compliance.
- Generating procedures and manuals to ensure consistent implementation and maintenance of customer-deployed systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Ability to travel (up to 35%)
- Hands-on mechanical assembly, piping, and electrical experience.
- Experience in industrial settings.
- Strong people skills for interacting with customers.
- Experience in the water industry is a plus.
- Experience in process controls a plus.
- Experience in fluid dynamics a plus.
If interested, please send your resume to:
Or mail to:
749 W Short St
Lexington, KY 40508