The ElectraMet™ process replaces traditional conventional physical and chemical processes for
dissolved metals separation from water and wastewater with automated, energy and water
efficient, and economical electrochemical separation. No chemicals, no sludge, no hassle.
PowerTech Water is looking for an experienced engineer to join our team as a project engineer.
This role has full responsibility for assigned projects from cradle to grave. You will engage with
new opportunities alongside our sales team, assess the customer application requirements and
be responsible for the technical portion of the proposal. Once the order is received, you will be
responsible for executing the project engineering, piloting, installation, commissioning and
production support of the equipment used for water separations and wastewater treatment at
our customers’ industrial and commercial sites. Applications include medium- and large-scale
process separations and wastewater treatment plants at automotive, electronics, chemical, and
metal finishing manufacturers, mines, smelters, commercial, and municipal sites.
We offer healthcare, benefits, and competitive salary commensurate with experience. Option to
work at our Lexington, KY headquarters or remotely. Growth potential in a small but growing
company (<20 employees) with stock options, variable compensation, and other benefits. This
position is part of the Operations team, but works closely with R&D and Sales.
- Participate in new sales opportunities, taking the lead on all technical aspects
- Make pre-sales site visits to assess customer technical and pricing requirements
- Configure a system solution based on this assessment
- Work closely with Operations and R&D teams to ensure all aspects of proposal are technically feasible
- Work with Sales management to ensure project and installation schedules for key accounts are on-target, which support company revenue and earnings goals.
- After the order is received, lead the project team to deliver the system
- Act as the point-of-contact for the customer
- Lead the engineering effort
- Work with the R&D team to ensure the best solution is selected
- Coordinate the assembly and factory testing of the system
- Lead the installation, commissioning and post-sales support effort at the customer site
- Process engineering experience required. Strong understanding of water treatment processes. Solid background in mechanical and/or electrical components (pumps, valves, sensors, filters, etc.) of processes commonly used for industrial aqueous separations or water treatment systems.
- 5+ years of engineering experience required, preferably in an industrial setting.
- Experience selling equipment and/or services to metals finishing, automotive, semiconductor/electronics, chemicals, energy / oil & gas, or mining customers a plus
- Water or wastewater experience is preferred.
- Working proficiency with 3D CAD and Visio (or other schematic tool).
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science.